9.08.2008

Quick Note Before 2008 Trip


Since last time I wrote, fourteen months ago, much has happened.

I moved to South Louisiana to clerk for a federal judge, which was a great experience both professionally and personally. I will miss everyone I worked with and met during my time there, as well as their unique brand of food, music, and way of life. A short entry such as this is insufficient to discuss it all, so I will opt to leave it at that. I have lots of thoughts, also, about my coming move to New York City to start private practice again, but those will have to wait for another time as well.

Now, I am in Los Angeles, staying with Mike and Arielle at their house, and preparing for my next big trip. This time tomorrow I will be on a flight from LAX to Tokyo. The trip itinerary is as follows:

September 10 - Arrive in Tokyo, travel around Japan
September 22 - Fly to Singapore
September 25 - Fly to Siem Reap Cambodia, travel around Cambodia with possible side trip to Thailand
October 10 - Fly to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
October 13 - Travel back to Singapore
October 15 - Fly to Chicago

As I have done before, my next post will include a description of my traveling companions; I have one friend who has decided to come for the entire trip and a few others who will join for smaller segments. Also, I will try to update this blog as I travel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I lived in Singapore from 1993 - 1997. One thing I really miss is the food. Check out Newton Circus. Try Hainanese Chicken rice - it's my favorite. Or Laksa soup- very spicy.