OK, so I have no introduction for myself. It´s EKO. I put this in so you can see everyone involved at the same time, and because this picture is pretty sweet.

Mike. You might remember him from EKO World Tour, the Argentina, Peru and Thailand episodes. Specific adventures included such blogged stories as Scooters in Peru, Thailand Scuba Fiasco and Best Ski Day Ever and such unblogged stories as Ko Phi Phi Accident. Always a good addition, many a trip has been contemplated with this field general who is not afraid to change the play at the line of scrimmage. I think he looks like he is adjudicating someone in the below picture.

Ben AKA Cousin Balls AKA The Bear AKA The Bailif. This piece of work accompanied the EKO World Tour in Argentina last year and all members are still recovering from that set of misadventures. Chandler will not talk about it. Needless to say, we could not have proceeded to another South American country without him. He looks pretty disco.

Steve Lanza AKA The Mastermind AKA The Planner AKA The Man with Lists. Without Steve, much of this two week world tour would have been impossible. He knows 17 languages, including sign language, and has written guide books regarding most of the cities we will visit although he has never been to any of them. Truly an amazing addition to the trip, he brings the perspective that only a New Yorker can. Although I am not sure he knew what he was getting into with this group, he has demonstrated time and time again that he is cool under pressure. Tenacity.

Berger AKA The Consumer. Berger has a hot tub and he is not afraid to use it. I like to call it a perk of my living situation, of which there are many others that should not be mentioned here. Berger has done an incredible job thus far of ordering huge espressos and doing his signature dance. A true utility man, the EKO World Tour would have stalled multiple times had he not been present.

I´m sad to say that when we left Rio this morning, we left without Mike and Ben, who should be home by now. Lanza, Berger and I will have to go forward alone, and we will miss the unique talents and perspectives these two brought to the trip.
That is all for now. This internet connection is very slow and I need another nap before the festival party here in Salvador tonight. On an unrelated but very important note, please keep your fingers crossed for my father´s election tonight. Tomorrow I will post some substantive stories about Rio.
5 comments:
While you may be in South America, I thought you should know that the UK Wildcats beat the UGA Bulldogs this past weekend... in football. Not basketball, but football. Surely better days are ahead, for I do not see them getting worse for me.
Yes, there are things from Argentina about which I still cannot talk. Even after many hours of professional help. Thank you for that, Cousin Balls.
Nice work EKO. I've missed the worldtour blog. Your descriptions gave me more than a good chuckle. You guys missed an amazing event last night here in DC. Hope you're having fun in Salvador. Acai!
Additionally, I feel compelled to say gah-gilf. Face.
Post a Comment