11.07.2006

EKO World Tour - Brazil Episode Prelude


So it has been just over a year since I have written a blog entry. Many things have happened, but they have been on the domestic tip, and therefore they do not qualify for World Tour coverage. Needless to say, I am happy to be able to write a new entry, mostly because it signals that I have once again made my way across United States borders and into foreign countries where there are international friends and death-defying adventures. In many ways, my trip thus far (at least after settling in to my surroundings a little) feels like a continuation of the original EKO World Tour, and beyond that, to the as of now nameless trip I took to Europe five years ago.

I have been in Rio de Jeneiro, Brazil for the last 5 days. Rio is the kind of place that is difficult to write about because there is too much to do. Any moment you get to catch your breath should be used for sleep or relaxing on the beach, so please accept my apologies for my inability to give updates until now.

My trip will only last for 5 more days, and will take me to Salvador (where I am now, sitting in a computer cafe that costs the equivelant of one dollar per hour) and to Morro de Sao Paulo. I plan to give updates from each of the three places, so stay tuned.

No comments: