I have not completely gathered my thoughts on Machu Picchu. It is simply one of the most amazing places I have ever seen. What strikes me most, though, is that there is no conclusive understanding of the Inca civilization, generally, and Machu Picchu, specifically. Mike purchased a book that describes the history of the Incas as well as the ruins that we visited a couple of days ago and Machu Picchu. The information in that book was directly contradictory with the information our tour guide gave us as we walked around the ruins. This makes sense, of course, because there is no direct link in written or oral history with that time or those people. Additionally, and most amazing for me, is that the more I learn about this sacred site, the more questions I have about it. I am at a complete loss regarding why such an undertaking was necessary. That is all for now. Here are some pictures:



3 comments:
Very awesome photos. You should think about trying to put all of them on O-foto when you get back.
Thats what Im talking about. Those Incans were some wacky SOB's. I now officially envy you. I do have that book on the Patriot Act though. Its almost as cool...
Your pictures speak to me on so many levels. That last picture is truly inspiring... it says to me, "EKO REPRAZENT!!!!!"
Post a Comment